A few steps up the cobblestone street from Villa Buonanotte Barbanera is a charming guest cottage re-designed in a fresh contemporary style. I have created a home-away-from-home using my favourite colour palette and objects found on my travels. The Casetta is available for a minimum of three nights and fully equipped for longer stays. It is also ideal as extra accommodation for a larger party taking the Villa or Casa Giardino.
Open the door and a stylish stone lobby sets the scene. Bright Moroccan mementos add a dash of colour and a collection of practical shopping baskets is lined up under a bench. Your eye is drawn along a stone path and raised flowerbeds to a spacious garden.
Umbria has excellent climate, and dining or resting en plein air is one of our greatest holiday pleasures – especially after a long day exploring the region. Recline in the shade of a tree or under the pergola on a day bed piled with soft pillows. Enjoy a glass of local wine on the terrace. For many people the most vivid holiday memories are those of warm evenings spent with family or friends in a scented garden.
The Casetta welcomes you with a light and airy open-plan space. On one side is the kitchen and dining area, on the other a linen-covered sofa facing a fireplace. The floors are of soft, taupe resin. The accent colour is Hermes orange: cheerful and chic. An arched doorway leads to the two bedrooms and the bathroom.
The clothes hooks were recreated from an old design and below them are linen-lined baskets for clothes. The red curtains go hand in hand with the Moroccan rug and the vintage velvet chairs. Open the window blinds onto a breathtaking view over farmlands and hills. Nothing of the modern world is to be seen from this romantic retreat – only Italian landscape at its very best.
The orange-and-white second bedroom is fresh and bright, smaller but not tiny. There are hooks and baskets for your clothes. A cosy Tyrol blanket adds texture.
The bedrooms share a modern bathroom. Large shower, good directional lighting and an oversized heated towel rail make your morning routine a delight.
LAYOUT OF THE COTTAGE (55m²/180sq ft)
– Living area: kitchen and dining area, and a three-seater sofa opposite the fireplace. Air Conditioning. A doorway leads to the two bedrooms and bathroom.
– Master bedroom: king-size bed, air conditioning, and balcony with a fantastic view of the Umbrian Landscape.
– China’s Room: small but cosy room with a single bed, ideal for a single person or as a children’s room. Air conditioning. Baby cot available.
– Luxury shared bathroom with rain shower.
– Portico, dining table for 4, and direct access to the kitchen and living room.
– Perfectly maintained garden with a lovely pergola and comfortable loungers.
– Midweek cleaning – 2 hours on Wednesday
– Welcome package
– Parking permit
On top of the standard service we can arrange all sorts of holiday pleasures for you:
– Wine tastings
– Truffle hunt
– Cooking classes in a nearby farmhouse
– Extra maid service and more.
WIFI in house & garden